STUDENTS Travel Insurance: Health, accident and liability insurance for trips to Germany/Austria

Would you like to study at a private, not state-approved university, do you want to visit a preparatory German-language course, are you an auditor, doctoral student, language student or trainee?

Even if you have registered at a state-approved university and are over 30 years old, you are not subject to compulsory insurance.

We recommend the tariffs BASIC or PREMIUM with health, liability and accident insurance already from € 1.20 per day. For your first stay in Germany you can also choose the tarif  START for 1.00 € per day,  which includes health insurance (without liability and accident insurance).

What is insured?

Health, accident and liability insurance.

Who can be insured?

Any person between ages of 3 and 60 who is temporarily living in Germany or Austria and has not had a permanent residence in Germany or Austria for at least two years prior to entering the country.

Where is the protection?

In Germany or Austria for a temporary, legal stay during the effective period of the policy.

Additional insurance coverage worldwide for vacation purposes for up to six weeks per insurance year even in the home country.

How can you take out this insurance?

  • Online
    Quick and easy, after just a few minutes you will receive your official insurance policy.
  • Via fax or regular mail
    Just complete our simple form and return it to us. We will process it directly and you will receive your official insurance policy within 2-3 working days.

When does the coverage begin?

Immediately upon departure (border crossing) leaving the home country with direct travel to the host country.

How long can a language student/cultural tourist be insured?

The insurance contract must be concluded for the entire duration of the planned stay, with a maximum of three years.

When does the coverage end?

Insurance coverage can be terminated anytime at the agreed time, in case of early departure, or if the visa application is denied. All it takes is a phone call!

Of course, you can also terminate your policy in wirting by e-mail, fax, or letter.